Things you should know:
- If you submit something needing a trigger warning, and it’s not submitted as a text post under the cut, I will not post it.
- I answer most questions privately unless asked otherwise. Do not be afraid to come off anon and have a conversation with me.
- If you want to, you may submit things that are not the meme but fit the ‘sick humor’ theme. You may also post it on your blog, tag it “chronicillesscat submission”, and I will look at it and (possibly) reblog it.
- My name is Riley. Feel free to refer to me as such.
- Also I actually love getting questions completely unrelated to this bog.
Q: Who runs this blog?
Q: Why do we have to add the image description?
A: For those who use screen readers and have visual impairments. Those programs can’t process text on images, so the description allows them to enjoy the meme like any of you. I’d appreciate it if you added them to your submissions. If you don’t want them on the posts you reblog, I don’t mind if you delete them.
Q: I sent you a question, why haven’t you answered it yet?
A: I don’t want to spam this blog with questions. I’ll answer a lot of them privately. Some days I will post a handful. What I usually do not post, though, are things that thank me, because honestly I get too many of those.
Q: This is a chronic illness/chronic pain meme. What do you have?
A: Fibromyalgia, DLE, POTS, Adjustment Disorder, and OCD.
Q: I submitted something, why hasn’t it posted yet?
A: It’s in the queue.
Q: You haven’t posted anything in a long time, what’s up?
A: Dude chill. I’m probably all drugged up on pain meds, at an appointment, or buried beneath my schoolwork. I’ll get to it when I can.
Q: Thank you so much for making this blog!
A: Not to be egotistical but I get this all the time. I really appreciate little messages like this and they do make me smile, but I most likely will not post them. I’m really glad I could make you laugh, though! I hope you continue to enjoy chronic illness cat.
Q: I submitted something and it hasn’t posted. Ever.
A: Two possible things could have happened. One, it could be buried in my ask box and I’ll get to it eventually. Two, it was offensive in some way and I felt the need to delete it. I very rarely do this and only do so if it has to be done. So the solution? Just don’t submit offensive memes and all is better again.
Q: Do you know of any _____ blogs/memes?
A: If I do it can be found on the page “Related Blogs”. If I don’t and have the time to do so, I will look for it for you.
Q: Memegenerator isn’t working for me! Help?
A: I get this sometimes, so here is your very own blank meme. Go crazy!
Q: Are you a doctor?
A: No, but I do get a lot of messages asking for medical advice. I do what I can and give opinions, but those are just my thoughts. Also, feel free to direct your questions toward my followers because sometimes they know better than I.